If you are like me, then when dessert time rolls around, you have a hard time choosing just one…will it be a brownie or cheesecake?
Well, fellow dessert-lovers, have no fear! I have just the dessert for you! This chocolate cheesecake, with a brownie twist, is a wonderful compromise to your dessert dilemma.
I especially love this recipe because it is so easy! The first ingredient is from a mix and my mom always taught me that there was no shame in that game! Tell the truth, girls…we love a well done, store bought mix.
In this busy world today, making a chocolate cheesecake isn’t always as easy as some claim it to be. With this recipe, all you will have to worry about is if there will be enough for seconds! Oh, seriously, I adore this recipe.
Yield: 9-inch cheesecake
- 8 ounces (1 Pkg) brownie mix (I love Ghirardelli’s)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1) Grease the bottom of 9-inch springform pan then dust with flour. Prepare basic brownie mix as directed on package and spread the batter evenly into springform pan.
2) Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
3) Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; mix at medium speed on electric handheld mixer until well blended.
4) Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Transfer about 1/3 of the cream cheese batter to another bowl.
5) Pour 2/3 of the mixture over the brownie layer in pan.
6) Mix melted chocolate with remaining 1/3 of cream cheese batter, then spoon over the cream cheese mixture.
7) Cut chocolate batter through cheese and chocolate mixtures several times to achieve a marbled affect.
8) Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
9) Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Yummy! You know you want to bake this cheesecake!
This recipe will be sure to please and everyone will think you have been baking all afternoon.
Chocolate cheesecake shouldn’t be a hassle and with this fail-proof recipe it won’t be! So why are you still reading…you have a chocolate cheesecake waiting to be made!