Wow… this banana split cheesecake recipe is insane. The day I ran across this recipe was also the day I baked it; it just sounded so delicious! Who would have thought that you could take two completely different desserts and make one super supreme snack.
The trick is that this recipe is basically a banana cheesecake. The banana split part comes in the topping. What an overflow of toppings…but how tasty! I’m sure you’re just dying to try this recipe out, just as I was, so why wait any longer. Go ahead… get started now.
Yield: 16 servings
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup packaged chocolate cookie crumbs (such as Oreo)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups banana; mashed and ripe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup strawberry sundae syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 16 maraschino cherries, drained
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) To prepare crust, combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
3) To prepare filling, beat cheeses and sour cream at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, banana, flour, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well after each addition.
4) Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan; bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost set. Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge.
5) Cool cheesecake to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon pineapple, 1 teaspoon strawberry syrup, 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup, 3/4 teaspoon pecans, and 1 cherry.
Yum! This delicious (yet unique) cheesecake recipe showcases all the delicious flavors a classic banana split in a new and exciting way. Your friends will be so shocked to see the cheesecake you made them and everyone will be just dying to know the recipe! It can be our little secret!…